How to Accessorize Your Outfits with Style and Charm
The “Art” of accessorizing. When accessorizing outfits choose accessories that go with your complexion. Your accessories will look best if they enhance your natural coloring. If you have warm-toned skin, earth colors and golden tones will look best. For a cooler complexion, go for jewel tones and opt for silver over gold.
To figure out whether you have warm or cool-toned skin, put a silver bracelet on one wrist and a gold one on the other, or hold silver and gold jewelry up to your eyes. Which metal looks more flattering against your skin and makes your eyes appear to sparkle? If you’re warm-toned, it’ll be the gold. If you’re cool-toned, it’ll be the silver.
Choose Accessories that enhance your features
Well-chosen accessories can make your eyes look bigger; your neck look slender, or your calves look more defined. For example,
- Wear large hoop earrings to accent the slant of your cheekbones.
- Wear shoes with a bit of height to elongate your legs.
- Wear a scarf that matches your eyes to make them look brighter.
- Wear a slender chain necklace to draw attention to your collarbones.
If your wardrobe has a lot of neutrals like black, white, and beige, here are a few ways to use bold accessories to add some life to your neutral outfits:
- Pair a thin red or hot pink belt with a black or navy dress.
- Freshen up your white blouse with a multicolored necklace or big drop earrings.
- Wear colors with black and white. If you’re wearing a black and white flowered top, put on an electric blue or red medium sized beaded necklace and some cute blue or red earrings.
Balance the size of your accessories; if you’re wearing a pair of large, dangling earrings, wear a smaller, thin necklace (or no necklace at all) so that your look isn’t overwhelmed by too much large jewelry, and the focal point will be on just one accessory.
Office appropriate Accessorizing
Accessorize any basic office neutrals while still showing your style, with the following:
- Stud earrings. If you have a big meeting, you might want to go with classic silver, gold or diamond studs
- Chic glasses: Black or tortoise shell wayfarer style glasses
- Colorful flats or kitten heels
Accessorizing your Evening Wear
If you’re going to an event at which you want to look your best, keep your accessories elegant and understated. These accessories pair well with formal gowns or cocktail dresses:
A string of pearls, diamonds, or other precious gems.
Small drop earrings or studs that match your necklace.
A slender matching tennis bracelet or simple chain.
A few key TAKEAWAYS:
- Pick accessories that go with your complexion and enhance your features
- Use bold color accessories to add some life to your neutral outfits
- When wearing multiple Accessories, be aware of Accessory size – too many large pieces will overwhelm your look
- Office Appropriate accessorizing –show your style too!
- Accessorizing your Evening Wear – keep it elegant and understated
Sure, the above information is helpful, but another great option is to look through websites like P. Taylor, to see how they accessorize! It always helps to see how others are accessorizing; it can lead you to your own ideas of what you like and don’t like. Look through fashion magazines, and even look at those around you for ideas.
Most importantly, we want you to bring out your own beautiful, unique accessorizing style.
To keep informed of the latest P. Taylor, styles and accessories, download our newsletter, and share this with your friends.FIND A BOUTIQUE SHOP ONLINE